View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #56 (permalink)
bencelest
Banana Nut

Zone: 9
Name: Benny
BananaBucks : 188,910
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 1,415 Times in 653 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to bencelest
Default Re: Time to separate the pups for the Spring

My opinion is that if you can put your bananas in your sunroom during the winter and can regulate the tempt not to go below 40 degrees then I think it is OK to separate now. That's my experience and it depends also the kind of banana you will transfer for its hardiness.
Yes, I am anxious to have flowers in my bananas like an expectant father whose wife is expecting a baby. That's what I am. I am a banana nut and I should put this in "are you a banana fiend... ".
The best candidate is Joe's dwarf Brazilian and everyday I am looking for a sign of a flag. I am hoping that it won't and wait till Spring but if it does, then I will have to do something to protect it. The other kinds are my dwarf cavendish who are growing very nicely in wine barrel.
It's nice to have a 12 foot ceiling and that's what I will add on not as a sun room but a cover for my bananas. I bought that thing at Costco and I just don't have time to put it up yet. A free standing I can't remember what it is called gazebo maybe.

Now I know what it is called. It is called "Pergola". It measures 110" x 140" and the height is 7'1" but I plan to adjust the height to 10-12 feet.

Last edited by bencelest : 10-28-2007 at 10:20 AM.
bencelest is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bencelest
Said thanks: