Thread: cavendish help
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheelman1976

Zone: 6
Name: Doug
BananaBucks : 44,280
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 92 Times in 60 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default cavendish help

I have what I think is a cavendish banana that is potted. It's about 3 foot tall. I brought it in from the outside and kept it in my basement where the temp was around 50-60 degrees and I watered it very sparingly as we moved into fall. I noticed that my leaves all started dying back so I started with a mite spray as well as I moved it upstairs where it's warmer, around 60-70 degrees on average. I then gave it a full watering and from what I can see the cigar leaf is moving again.

My question is I thought I read somewhere that cavendishes don't like to be stored like typical bananas (dry and minimal light). Can someone fill me in on what would be the bet for me to care for this thing over the winter?
wheelman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To wheelman1976
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors