View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackLS1

BananaBucks : 4,037
Said "Thanks" 12 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default I need your help )=

hello guys just signed up to this wonderful forum. i purchased small william's dwarf banana plant (same as Del Monte bananas) from a local nursery last year around March. i have been spraying it with water and feeding it with a 4: 10 :8 type of feed for some time. the mother plant has not fruited yet, and is getting pretty big so im expecting it do so soon. i have attached some pictures because i am not sure what to do at this point. there is a total of 6 plants growing but i dont know which ones to remove. i know i am supposed to have at least 1 for the next plant to give off fruit. there is the main mother plant with the leaves being as tall as the house, then the next plant that is still around 5 to 6 feet tall, then a smaller plant that is about 4 feet and then some baby plants. can anybody point me in the right direction as to what to do next? which plants i need to pull out so the mother can have enough energy to fruit? im still a noob at this so any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks everybody.

sorry i took pics today when i came home late. i will take some better ones tomorrow

would like to add that plants are in los angeles California warm weather.
BlackLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BlackLS1
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors