View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
pmurphy
always pushing the limits

Zone: 8B
Name: Pam
BananaBucks : 55,714
Said "Thanks" 168 Times
Was Thanked 512 Times in 214 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,312 Times
Default looking for suggestions

I am looking for suggestions for "dwarf" varieties of bananas.

I have being working in my various gardens trying to turn them into "exotic" gardens with assorted palms, hibiscus, bamboos etc (anything that looks tropical and out of the ordinary) but in order to make them look the way I want, I know I need some bananas. And this is difficult to do in a northern zone 8 (Vancouver Canada). So I have come up with the idea of getting some dwarf varieties (no more than 6ft in height) and placing them in large pots in the front gardens as my centerpieces.
I think that plants suited for zone 9 will be okay as the pots would be moved into a heated greenhouse for overwintering.
So now I am asking for suggests on what types will fit the size requirements and look exotic (more so than the usual). And finally - the hard one - where can I get access to these plants locally as bringing them into Canada is almost impossible.
pmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To pmurphy
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors