View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
LilRaverBoi
Nanner Time!

Zone: 5
Name: Bryan
BananaBucks : 114,781
Said "Thanks" 534 Times
Was Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,245 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 855 Times
Send a message via AIM to LilRaverBoi
Default Re: Random update from the depths....

Just a photo update...I'll be honest, nothing looks all that impressive at this point, but everything seems to be growing now after being transplanted. We're having a mild drought with 95+ temps recently, so things have been a bit tough for plants around here.

Elephant Ears:

-Alocasia porteii...looked rough for a while, but seems to be coming back well.

-Colocasia 'Jack's Giant'....growing fast and leaves getting larger every time.

-Alocasia 'Borneo Giant'...not what it once was, but it'll be big by fall.

-Alocasia 'Jurassic Dark' (new for this year)...doing well thus far. I love the dark foliage.

Corpse Flowers:

-Pseudodracontium hermandii...up now, finally! I was beginning to wonder since it had sat in the ground about a month without doing anything. It's bloomed the past two years, so it probably will again this year.

-Amorphophallus bulbifer...no bloom this year, but it's still pretty small. Should be able to develop a much larger corm this year since it's in the ground rather than a pot.

Misc:

-Travelers Tree...growing now, finally. I really feel like this one won't grow without hot/humid temperatures. It has never grown indoors over the winter. Looks like hell now after being chewed repeatedly (down to two leaves that are from last summer and are wind shredded). Hopefully I'll get this to come back strong by fall.

Bananas:

-Musa super dwarf cavendish....after getting broken off, it's come back strong and with plenty of color.

-Musa dwarf brazilian....growing well with nice red coloration.

-Ensete ventricosum maurelii...old pic when it was first planted. Growing nicely and everything in the planter has really filled out since this pic. No weird leaves or loss of coloration so far, so I can actually say that the second chance I've given this variety has proved successful thus far.

Brand new bananas:

-Musa basjoo....not much at this point, but it's growing and has done fine with the transplant.

-Ensete glaucum....wind broke off some leaves and it's just recovering from transplant, so it looks kinda crappy right now. Excited for this one, though.

-Ensete superbum....doing great so far. Super excited as this is one of my favorite types of ornamental bananas.

-Musa 'Praying Hands'...hasn't grown any since transplant, but it seems like it's recovering pretty well considering the current conditions here. Once the root system gets better developed, I'm sure it will spring into action.
RIP Tog Tan. We love you and will always remember you!
I'm Bryan with a Y! There is no 'I' in BRYAN!

Last edited by LilRaverBoi : 06-30-2012 at 05:10 AM.
LilRaverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To LilRaverBoi
Said thanks: