View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
trebor

Zone: POMPANO BEACH, FL Zone 10
BananaBucks : 108,954
Said "Thanks" 845 Times
Was Thanked 1,329 Times in 483 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 256 Times
Default Re: Trying foggers for temp control

There are a few different thoughts on misting.. I for one think its OK to use them during hot time periods. If you plants are wilting and you fear their demise, the misting will keep them alive . But as soon as you stop misting the water evaporates and the plant goes looking for water . The roots begin to do the job they are suppose to do . Yes in a way the misting cuts down on the plants ability to feed and water itself normally .. But on the other hand it helps to keep it from dehydration .. SOOO as long as your on top of it your OK / I do not know what expense you willing to go to but me , I would place a timer in line and run the misting on a every other day basis.. Then see what happens.. I would rather see the water to the roots but I know that also would use 10 times the water.. Also I might suggest reading as much as possible about what temp Musa stop growing at so you will know when to shut down the misting. Also to a dehydrating plant , hard water is a good thing! Im sure purified water is better but when all you can do is supply whats available, then you go with it!
To me if the plant is not browning and wilting it's OK . Mulch can aid in water retention “some what” but in high heat your always running a risk.. Arizona has no humidity! Florida has plenty! Two completely different types of heat
Hope I helped a bit

If ya can't eat it, it ain't growing in my back yard !
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To trebor
Said thanks: