View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 10:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
BobbyinNY

BananaBucks : 42,373
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Hi, I'm Bobby... I'm new here

That's awesome, Mike....

Yeah, I can tell you're definitely committed - me too. Yeah, I thought about the Metal-Halide Light - These grow-lights cost me a fortune last year. for the Palms I just use Compact flourescants for and they seem to be ok with that. The whole problem I have with my house is that, although I have alot of room, I have very little light .. I have two rooms that have South-Facing windows with decent light but They're not rooms where I can put plants because one is my wife's room for her rabbits and the other is the bedroom and she's kill me if I got the carpet dirty. If I put it in my room that I have set-up for plants It'll probably take over the whole room. I cannot believe how big these plants have gotten - I never would've imagined that that little Dwarf-Cavendish that I bought in a 3-inch pot at the nursery would've gotten as big as it has. The palms that I over-wintered were all different sizes (5-12ft Adonidias, 1-20ft Queen, 4-3ft Cocos Nucifera, a few Washingtonias) and the ones that I have in my living room. Maybe I can just keep the banana in my living room with the compact flourescants - It's not that bright but it's decent. I guess I just have to come to terms with the fact that "Non-Active Growth" doesn't = Death.. that's my fear.
BobbyinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BobbyinNY