View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
barnetmill
barnetmill

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 66,361
Said "Thanks" 110 Times
Was Thanked 319 Times in 202 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 37 Times
Default Fruiting Cactus, spineless for Florida

A few years ago I planted a prickly pear that was given to me and it has grown and this year is finally fruiting. While sensitive to extreme cold it has grown well with little to no care on my part. I have planted some of the stems and they root and grow also. So I see that cactus is viable plant for area.

Question what are the best fruiting varieties for Zone 8B for Florida with about 60 inches of annual rain fall? Spineless would be preferred. I plan also to eat the stems. I am one of these people if it does not fruit I do not have too much interest in it so I have little interest in the ornamental varieties.
barnetmill is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To barnetmill
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors