View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
GreenFin

Zone: 6a
BananaBucks : 87,711
Said "Thanks" 1,396 Times
Was Thanked 939 Times in 334 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 44 Times
Default Re: Anybody growing a Mahoi (Double)?

How do the harvests of Doubles and DC's compare in terms of weight?

If the Double's bunches are each the same weight as a DC bunch, then the Double would produce twice as many pounds of fruit as the DC.

If the Double's bunches are each half as heavy as a DC bunch, then the two plants would produce a similar number of pounds of fruit.

If the Double's bunches are somewhere in between those two relative values, then the Double would produce more pounds of fruit than the DC, but not twice as much.

Anyone know?

What I'm really trying to figure out is whether the Double is actually more productive than a DC, or whether the Double has the same total productivity but it's just divided between the multiple bunches.

www.GreenFinGardens.com
GreenFin is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To GreenFin
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors