View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pyro

BananaBucks : 9,066
Said "Thanks" 9 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Basjoos froze...heater failed in greenhouse

Ok, need quick help. I live in Ohio an the heater I had in my greenhouse failed. It was almost 2 days before I found out, during which the temp got down to 24F in the greenhouse for an unknown period of time. I immediately brought them inside in front of the southern facing sliding glass doors in my house where they have remained. We don't get a ton of sun in Northern Ohio through the winter, but lately it hasn't been too bad. All of the bottom leaves have either turned black and fell off or have turned brownish green and dried up. The very top leaf is still green and soft and the P-stem still looks ok to me. What are my options? I could leave them in front of the window for the rest of the winter getting whatever little sun they could get with no problem. If so, how much water? Trim off dead leaves? what else. I also have a basement that is not well insulated nd gets very cold. Should I did them up and dry them out down there? Any other suggestions would be helpful. I will try to post pics later. Thanks in advance!
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pyro

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors