View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
Vagetarian

Zone: 8b
Name: Will
BananaBucks : 9,353
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Do YOU suffer from Alcoholism ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daw View Post
Sounds like fun. That's the main reason for smoking, right? To feel these sorts of things?
Well, not quite. The increased blood pressure and heart rate would be unwanted side affects I guess. Although I have been repeatedly googling since I read this and I've still yet to find one documented case of it ever happening (cannabis causing heart attack on it's own).

I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you say Jack Daw!

Richard, I do hope you're not suggesting I'm in denial! I will deny that cannabis causes heart attacks because all the peer reviewed articles I'm reading say it does not in a healthy individual. No crazy hippies waving their arms franticly here!

Lung damage is undeniable, but with 'super bud' being so much stronger, a sensible person smokes less to get the same affect and therefore receives a lot less lung damage than someone in the 70s. Only a true idiot smokes the same amount as they smoked in the 70s. Just like only a true idiot drinks his beer quota in pints of vodka instead. The biggest problem here comes from pollutants, and this is backed up by medical science too! I witnessed a friend lose 1.5 of his lungs.

The link to schizophrenia is undeniable, you'd be an idiot to use cannabis if you have schizophrenia. Likewise, use during childhood stops the brain from developing fully. I personally regret ever doing that.

There's no doubt that cannabis is bad for you, and you shouldn't do it. My point is that it's a an awful lot better than the other 'alternatives'. And I have strong, personal experience of this myself.
Vagetarian is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Vagetarian
Said thanks: