View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
Richard
un-Retired

Zone: USDA 10b
Name: Richard
BananaBucks : 513,422
Said "Thanks" 3,636 Times
Was Thanked 12,543 Times in 4,721 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,685 Times
Default Re: Do YOU suffer from Alcoholism ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagetarian View Post
You've witnessed somebody having cardiac arrest after using nothing but cannabis?
I witnessed them in the '70's, and now I witness them -- all of them teens, being brought to the rehabilitation clinic after a night in the hospital, then I listen to their stories in one of the weekly group sessions.

The blood tests taken at the hospital don't lie: no drugs except THC, but the levels in the THC are extreme, well over 500. Apparently the victims faint and panic at the same time, and their heart goes into "auto-restart" mode.

My main point made earlier is that smoking -- regardless of what you smoke -- it induces mild oxygen deprivation and gradual callusing of lung tissue. In a span of over 50 years, I've watched my smoking friends die from it, others have to tote around oxygen tanks, leave their technical jobs because mentally the oxygen deprivation caught up with them, some are more fortunate that that but have trouble taking a walk in the woods, and only 2 of them have not encountered any limiting effects -- yet.

People in denial make lots of hand waving arguments. I am tired of listening to them and have unsubscribed from this thread.

Last edited by Richard : 12-10-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: double identifier
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Richard
Said thanks:
Sponsors