View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,293,771
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Thumbs up Re: If you could grow peppers in pots indoors which would you choose?

Wow I'd love to see shots of that Peruvian Purple pepper...sounds like a beauty. I bet it's ripping hot too.

Yes Tommy, I misted the pepper for the picture. Pepper plants love to be misted. It keeps them clean of mites and other pests as well. I also shower my pepper plants indoors each week...to further deter pests from moving in. Edibles growing inside are very appealing to bugs so you wanna keep on top of things before problems arise.

I'm sorry Richard, but that "Biggie Chile Hybrid" is a ridiculous recommendation for a beginner just wanting to grow a potted indoor pepper plant!

I expect that Tommy is looking to grow something in a pot in a sunny window, and a giant 24" tall plant with an 18 inch spread wouldn't be appropriate for most indoor locations...unless Tommy has an HID light system but I don't believe so.

If you want something more appropriate and manageble for indoor growing Tommy, this type called "Little Blue" would be another good choice...

It's excellent in only a 6 inch pot and the fruits are super hot. I have lots of seeds for them as well, if you are interested.

: )
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady