View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
Clare_CA

BananaBucks : 136,187
Said "Thanks" 1,156 Times
Was Thanked 844 Times in 277 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3 Times
Default Re: Cardaba with fruit bent over

Thanks, everyone. I worked in the yard nearly all day yesterday. I used wire to tie up the variegated banana that was leaning so badly. One reason it might have done that was because I just removed a whole bunch of pups from the base of it. Another variegated banana did bend at the p-stem and rested on my AeAe in the ground, which was not damaged. The other benders were Brazilian and Cardaba. My 1000 fingers had beautiful super wide leaves before the wind, but they all got bent in the wind. Two of the benders are Cardaba with fairly new fruit. I guess I will just leave them and see what happens. A stalk with older fruit did not fold, but it is pretty bent over. I should harvest that bunch any day now. I picked just one to ripen inside to see if it is ready yet.

Thanks, Mark. I'm glad you didn't have any toppled ones. I'm definitely going to pull out the Cardaba mat not just because it topples but because it casts too much shade on the entire garden and is too large for this small lot. My Raja Puri is going too. If you and/or Andrew (or anyone wanting to come to pick them up) want to get either one, let me know.

Last edited by Clare_CA : 11-04-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Clare_CA is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Clare_CA