View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
trebor

Zone: POMPANO BEACH, FL Zone 10
BananaBucks : 108,719
Said "Thanks" 845 Times
Was Thanked 1,329 Times in 483 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 256 Times
Default Re: Funny shaped orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olafhenny View Post
Trebor,

in what form would that 'iron' be? I.e. could you give us the name of an additive which would contain
that iron?

It can be either liquid or granular .. When I said” ˝ a tea spoon” I was referring to granular
Most any retail store that sells plant fertilizer will have it . Sometimes it will be mixed with Zinc . That too is also good to apply MODEREATLY …
If you pull off a leaf and hold it up to the sun you will see deficiencies’ in the penetration of the leafs color .. But ya need to read up of this type of assessment before you go pulling leafs and applying elements .. Old leafs verses new leafs Usually oder leaves will show you deficiencies wile the new ones will look good …
Then if your just working with Citrus or one plant group your going to be able to hit the mark on the deficiencies’ once your accustom to seeing a healthy plant.. OK then Let me add
A golf course guy will pour on the N to get grass green and it also grows from this application . He could also apply Iron and reach the same level of color depth in the plant leaf. But with out the added growth .. I guess they like mowing more than a home owner .. Same thing applies to citrus .. N will get it green and producing larger leafs. Iron will get it green in a hurry and because it is a fruit bearing plant will help with fruit production ( remember moderation).. Iron will stain sidewalks and golf cart wheels until it falls down into the ground. N will not stain..
OK my brain is now burning up from all the rehashing about this stuff .. But I hope I helped a little bit

If ya can't eat it, it ain't growing in my back yard !
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To trebor
Said thanks:
Sponsors