View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,147
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Need advice to grow a banana plant indoors all winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
I have been looking for instructions for growing a dwarf cavendish banana plant indoors all winter but i cant find anything. i dont wanna protect it outside all winter cuz its too little. i really need advice cuz ive never tried this before and i had a lot of problems growing it inside last summer. thanks for any help. =)
If you decide to overwinter the plant actively (water it, put it in a sunny spot), you will most probably encounter the problem of insufficient light. It simply isn't possible to provide the plant with as much light as it would require, so one way or another, it will be partially dormant... growing inproper and low quality leaves and tissue. Needless to say that it's close to impossible to make these new leaves wanna like the sunlight in spring again...

The very concept of growing indoors and in/outdoors seasonally is very difficult. In general, keep your eyes open and don't water too much. The naner needs very little water when inside during the winter, but it needs lots of water when it's outside in the garden during the summer. Less is more in this case. Good growing to you.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)

Last edited by Jack Daw : 10-29-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks: