View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
SoBe Musa

Zone: 11
BananaBucks : 217,022
Said "Thanks" 2,309 Times
Was Thanked 1,700 Times in 322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 168 Times
Default Re: What Garden BOOKS do You Like ???

Great thread Sherry..Thank you!
Here's a review of my favorite book, By Florida Urban Homestead blog, is pretty much the way i feel about it and the impact of the book on my gardening..easy for me to follow is truly a gem. Emily

Review link:http://floridaurbanhomestead.com/tag/james-m-stephens/

This is a great book. Out of any book I have read on gardening, it is by far the most useful to me. Like the title says, it is geared to Florida gardens. It talks about the decreases, pests and other troubles that visit our gardens here in the Sunshine State. Stephens gives us the benefit of his decades of experience as Florida Cooperative Extension Service. He gives basic advice for the novice, all the way to the seasoned Gardner. This is a must have for anyone who has grown a garden up north because Florida is a horse of a different color when it comes to planting seasons, and this books handy charts explains them in full detail with when, what, and where to plant the vegetables we love. It even has charts that tell you the recommended variety of each crop for this area. I picked up this book a couple of years ago on Amazon.com, and I haven’t put it down since. I highly recommend this book to anyone who, like me, is taking the leap into urban gardening in Florida, a must have.

Here my book:
[IMG][/IMG]
SoBe Musa is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To SoBe Musa
Said thanks: