View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 06:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Casa Del Gatos

BananaBucks : 22,692
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Anyone ordered from BananaPlantation.biz??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananalover
To me one missing plant is not good.
Actually, if I had looked at the packing list, I would have seen the one showing backordered. As to size, the smallest one I got from them is twice the size of just about every other banana I have ever bought online. They have several sizes of each for sale, so I think mine was just in between sizes at the time of shipping. Also, I spent more than a few bucks on TC plants at the beginning of spring that are just now starting to get some decent size on them. I could have saved myself a season of growing if I had gotten them from these guys.

I'll tell you this: If I had seen the actual plants I was going to receive in advance, I would have gladly paid TWICE what I did. Apparently, their parent company Redland Nursery has been producing liners and such for the wholesale grower for 35 years. They have about 200 acres in South Florida where they grow a huge number of Palms and stuff too. Here is their retail website

I hope I don't come off as too rabid a promoter of them, but I wish I had known about them a year ago when I really started getting more into bananas. I would have saved literally hundreds of dollars. I have a client who is a wholesale grower and developer of new plants for the industry (they are the producers of the Encore Azalea, Endless Summer Hydrangea and Knockout Rose) and they would have a hard time selling me plants of this size for what I paid.

Long story not so short - I have nothing to gain by others buying from them, just trying to "spread the good word."

If you choose not to - more for me!
Casa Del Gatos is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Casa Del Gatos