View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
scottu
<div style="font-weight: bold;">&lt;div style=&quot;font-weight: bold;&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;div style=&amp;quot;font-weight: bold;&amp;quot;&amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;di v style=&amp;amp;quot;font-weight: bold;&amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;gt;&amp;a mp;amp;lt;di v sty

Zone: 6
Name: scott
BananaBucks : 7,542
Said "Thanks" 3,595 Times
Was Thanked 857 Times in 368 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3,323 Times
Default 10 pups on one year old musa basjoo

Banana Gallery - so, far 10 pups on one

Can't be normal! original plant is less than a year old!
I never thought you could get so many pups from such a young plant! Could it be bad for the corm, such a drain on it? They are so close to the mother plant that there would be nothing left of the corm for her, if you tried to split them.
Can anyone please help me answer some of these questions?
How many can be left to grow permanently along side the mother and how long should I wait to split the others off, etc.?
Boy, just when you think you know a little something about bananas

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!Thank you

Last edited by scottu : 06-10-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: let's make that 12 pups on 1
scottu is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To scottu
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors