View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
JCA433

Zone: Zone 10
BananaBucks : 77,829
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 433 Times in 162 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Banana leaves are not growing correctly

I have an Orinoco banana and at first after cutting back the P stem new growth came out after only about 6 hours. So I thought all is well, however the second leaf is all ragged and there is only stem no foliage on this leaf. It looks like the foliage got torn off or ripped off as it grew out from the P stem. It this normal after cutting back the P stem? A new leaf is now emerging and it looks better but still thin and not quite right but better. Will the banana grow out of this problem eventually or should I cut it back more. I already cut it back twice. The first time the very first leaf got stuck so I cut it back again and now the leaves are emerging but ragged looking.
JCA433 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JCA433
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors