View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Worm_Farmer

Zone: 9b
Name: Mike
BananaBucks : 43,156
Said "Thanks" 5,326 Times
Was Thanked 1,830 Times in 679 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,866 Times
Send a message via AIM to Worm_Farmer
Default 4 in 1 Low Chill Pear

I have been looking for some other types of Low Chill fruits to grown. I found a place that sell's Low Chill pears, but only as bare root plants. I am not sure about growing a bare root tree, as I have never done it before. After a little more researched I found out that I would need more then one type of pear tree to get fruit from them at all. So I order a 4 in 1 Low chill Pear bear root. Its unfortunate that the wrong one was shipped out to me But hey I got this 4 in 1 Asian Pear for free now! You can see how well it was shipped and what a dormant bare root pear looks like.

For those wondering what the 4 types of Asian Pear's are on this tree they are, Twentieth Century, Hosui, Shinseiki, And Shinko

Well the packing looks pretty good.

Not much for Roots.

New Home

And I forgot some close up's for the grafts.

Last edited by Worm_Farmer : 02-17-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Worm_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Worm_Farmer
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors