View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZONE5

Zone: 5
BananaBucks : 6,063
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default hello from new member

hi.i would like to know if some one can id my banana plant.it was a plant i bought at reno-depot it's like home depot.it was sold as winter bananas,so i presume it to be musa basjoo.this was a year and a half ago.i planted it next to the house and grow big fast so i built a geen house just for it and grow all winter.last week i was deciding what to do,give the plant one more year,or replace it with dwarf cavandish that i had bought from an importer here.i cut all the pups and left the mother plant,after looking at the beautifull tree for an hour.i decide to cut it and replace it with the cavandish,since every one said i will never get bananas especially my wife who is thai and been laughing at me for over a year.after i cut the tree i cut the top to see and 2 leafs in i saw a big flower.i pulled the flower out unwraped it and saw the bananas or banana flowers.i believe it was 2 weeks away from flowering.i can't even remember the last time i was so upset.i but the photo's in my gallary,can someone Id it as musa basjoo. thank you
ZONE5 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ZONE5
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors