View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nana Nut

BananaBucks : 43,945
Said "Thanks" 6 Times
Was Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default New leaves growing before old ones mature

New to this forum, and wow, I do love bananas. Since moving from the midwest to north central Florida, I can now actually have banana plants. I have one muso rajapura and two blue java ice cream plants. All are doing well (in fact, muso has five babies!).

The problem I am having, though, is that as each new leaf grows, it attempts to open before the stalk has grown enough to clear the main stalk, and another new leaf is pushing up thru at the same time. What causes this and how can I "fix" it?

Also, some of the leaves, especially on the babies, are turning a whiteish color. Don't know if that's serious or not.

I fertilize them with muriate of potash about every other week.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Nana Nut is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Nana Nut

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors