View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,299,187
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Hiya Re: Thank you Hollyberrylady!!!!

Bob...

Only for someone I admire so much as a gardener and cherish dearly as a friend. I really am glad you received it and like it so much. I know it will be given the very best of care...another reason I sent her to you.

You've got a 2 in 1 "Blue Girl" Hollyberry shrub with a grafted "Blue Boy" branch and it will be so nice this winter. Can't wait for some of the Hollyberries to ripen and turn red for you soon too. Next year, I'll send you "Blue Princess" with a grafted "Blue Prince" branch.

Your Holly is the first of the blue Hollies in the Ilex Meserveae series, created by a lady with the last name "Meserve" so they were named after her. This is the actual Christmas Hollyberry that you have. So excited to watch it grow along with you, in this thread.

Here's some shots I took on the day I bought your "Blue Girl"...

Here she was 2 weeks later about 5 minutes before I boxed it up to mail off to you...

It really looks great for you Bob, and I'm just tickled that you have it. It was my pleasure getting it for you and I look forward to sharing the rest of my Hollyberry shrub collection with you.

Enjoy!!!

From your friend,

HbL

: )
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks: