Thread: Pisang Raja
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
DoctorSteve

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 187,228
Said "Thanks" 81 Times
Was Thanked 306 Times in 158 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 41 Times
Default Pisang Raja

It seems as though not many of the members are growing a Pisang Raja. So I thought I would document my experience so all those that are interested can take a look and see if they want one themselves.

This is the first picture so not much info so far. I was thinking of taking a picture every month but if everyone would prefer every two weeks, I can do that. Though I don't know how much change there will be every two weeks.

One thing I have noticed is that the leaves are a much darker green than my Goldfinger.

P.stem is about 7" tall 0.5" wide. The Large leaf on the right is 8" long and 3" wide. Planted in a 5 gallon pot, I think.
[IMG][/IMG]

The fruit of the Pisang Raja supposedly has yellow to yellow orange flesh. Unless someone else has pictures we will have to wait till I get some fruit to verify the color.

Last edited by DoctorSteve : 07-30-2010 at 12:45 PM.
DoctorSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To DoctorSteve
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors