Thread: Dwarf Brazilian
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rmplmnz
Banana Patch Attendent

Zone: 10
Name: Rmplmnz
BananaBucks : 117,717
Said "Thanks" 2,246 Times
Was Thanked 2,348 Times in 636 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 36 Times

Jarred, Gabe and the rest of the moderator team and members have done such an amazing job expanding the board that thread volume can be overwhelming....so what do I do...add another thread..lol..

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Tony and some other members started threads titled as specific edible banana species..so I am jumping in the deep end of the pool:

Dwarf Brazilian:

I have two mattes of Dwarf Brazilians. I have never fertilized them (not even with horse poop or fish meal), they are never watered except by rain (they are not in the main garden area), they are mulched.

I measured one yesterday, the top of the highest leaf was 15 feet 10 inches, the top of the pseudostem was right at nine feet, the circumference was 37 inches and this one is a ways from throwing out a flag leaf.

The pics with the eight foot ladder (for scale) I took this week, the others are from 2008.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This post is a duplicate posting of:
Best Tasting Dwarf......

Main Banana Patch in better days...August 2008

These are heavily mulched with horse poop and tree mulch and occasionally are watered.

After Picture

[IMG][/IMG]

Before Picture
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by LilRaverBoi : 07-12-2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Consecutive Posts Merged
Rmplmnz is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Rmplmnz
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors