View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
hammer
Shannon

Zone: 7
Name: Shannon
BananaBucks : 160,911
Said "Thanks" 178 Times
Was Thanked 571 Times in 253 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie p View Post
I built some planters in my sunroom which I built next to the house and filled them with a really well drained soil and they have done great but it's not a really big building ,but it is tall which helps. I think my neighbors think I'm crazy , but they sure come over alot to see what's going on with the bananas especially now that one is actually producing fruit! Hammer when overwintering your bananas do you slow down on the watering very much?winter seems like a dificult time for me when it comes to watering.
Yes put very little water on them in the winter and i use perlite and peatmoss in in my soil last winter i put 2 cups of water every 2 weeks per plant.

There is only a handfull of pepole who grow bananas around here and the others think im strange when my dwarf cavendish bloomed all of them had to stop and see. there is a guy who lives down the road he gets orinicos every year they do him the same way.

Last edited by LilRaverBoi : 07-06-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Consecutive Posts Merged
hammer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To hammer
Said thanks: