View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tropicallvr

Name: Kyle
BananaBucks : 427,934
Said "Thanks" 230 Times
Was Thanked 414 Times in 163 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 14 Times
Default Re: Musa itinerans 'India Form' pics

I think the pic on the website depicts what it will look like, but if the porportions stayed the same as they are when the leafs are smaller then there would be a ton of red bleeding into the leaf. And that red is really deep red that seems to stainglass a little..amazing in person as you probally know. Also the only seedling that I have sprouted that had a red mid rib on it's first leaf(got direct sun from early age)!

Yeah they sell wholesale quantities, just click on the whole sale button on the left, but they are still a little pricey(worth it though) and they also have Musa sikkimensis X paradisica wholesale that I sprouted 2 and killed(multiple sprouts per seed!)
I'll cross my fingers for cold hardiness too, but I won't have the b lls to test it.
They definatly seem to be well placed in the species of initerans(for some reason the leaf's shiny green color really reminds me of initerans, but that's taking for granate that my M. sp. violet is the same). Then again maybe there happen to be two banana species from the same area of India that come out on the market at the same time, and both have the same unusall appearance.
Tropicallvr is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tropicallvr
Sponsors