View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,120
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Musa sikkimensis regular and Red Tiger mature height differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Hello,

I am new here and will be doing an introduction soon at the appropriate category.

After searching most of Musa species,i have decided i want to grow Musa sikkimensis as the Musa of my garden in Pyrgos,Greece(Zone 9b/10a) and maybe in Melissia too(Zone 8b/9a). I am between the Musa sikkimensis sold as the regular one by Rare Palm Seeds and the Red Tiger also from the same site that seems to offer wild collected seed. As these come from different localities,i am very interested in learning what their mature heights are and especially,which one grows the tallest and biggest. Also,i would like to know which variety generally makes the biggest fruits and what their leaf hardiness to cold is. Any other difference these 2 natural varieties have are of interest too so please share any that you know of.

The Red Tiger variety is just a naturally occuring geographic variation,right?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi Kostas, another European member, too tired to answer here. Welcome to our community. Someone will quickly answer your question.
If you really want something tall and high, you should be looking for Saba, they are monsters among monsters and can grow astonishingly high.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw