View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Patty in Wisc
tropical nut

Zone: 5
BananaBucks : 337,887
Said "Thanks" 2,946 Times
Was Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,203 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 69 Times
Default Re: Is This A Banana Forum Or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Randy I think one major point that you're missing is that the best part of this .org are the people who make it up. A lot of us have become very friendly over time and enjoy getting postcards ( for just one example)and posting them for all to see. There's a certain sense of camaraderie that occurs between all the good people here and it just spills over in to some of us posting snippets of our personal lives.... whats the harm? No one complained about the "post a pic of your pet" thread..... oops will that be deleted too now? Would you suggest the "tiki hut" be deleted? Maybe the "chat" too since that can stray from the limited subject matter that you seem to be advocating lately. They're there for non banana related subjects and have been fun/ contentious and certainly entertaining at times.....its been many things but you can't say it was ever boring. To some it makes being here so much better knowing there's real people out there with similar interests. If bananas.org were to become a purely scientific and or subject resricted site as some out there seem to prefer the org wouldn't be near as good as its become. We all came here as fellow banana growers and we all continue to be. I dont see the harm in being able to talk and post freely as friends with varied interests with bananas as the common thread.
Well said Bob, and you too Pauly! My interests are much broader than just bananas & it's nice to know we can talk about anything here. Other forums that I have been too have the same thing...a place to talk about "anything". I enjoyed looking at Paulys artwork, & pets, & pics of members, & even members children! If we can ONLY talk about, or post pics of bananas, this forum would not be very active.

____
Patty in Wisc has sadly passed away 9/05/11. We will miss you Patty.
Patty in Wisc is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Patty in Wisc
Said thanks: