View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #190 (permalink)
sbl

Zone: 8/9
BananaBucks : 65,679
Said "Thanks" 177 Times
Was Thanked 731 Times in 395 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 154 Times
Default Re: Reminder about offensive content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4ut View Post
MY TURN!!!!
I have sat back and followed both these threads and am appalled at how some of the folks on here can sit there and keep this crap going!!! Why don't we all just let this thing die and go on sharing our experiences with what we are all here for, bananas, and other plants that we all share a common interest in. If I want to talk about other topics with folks, I use a site like Facebook or MySpace. This site is for sharing information on growing and caring for bananas and other plants.
As far as pictures go, I have been amazed at what some people upload in our, bananas.org's, picture gallery! Why don't you use a photosharing site like Photobucket to store pics and save this site's gallery for its intended purpose. Photobucket is free and is easy to use that I can even use it!! You can always link a pic off photobucket to a thread and not have it downloaded here. Sure would have kept this crap from ever happening in the first place!!!
I am trying to be nice here and voice my opinion that I have held back for quite some time, but can't keep quiet any longer!!!
People get a grip and shut up and get on with other topics for which Jarred has so graciously provided this site for!!!!
Jarred has tried to be impartial and provided some explanation of what he expects and many of you are more or less "snubbing your nose" at him and keeping this thread going!!!
Sure do miss the way it used to be here when there were people who respected each other and agreed to disagree! Many VERY knowledgable people have left this site because of how some of you are acting right now and I honestly cannot blame them, but I am still hopeful that there are enough of us "old timers" here that can help get everyone on the same page.

All I want is for people to respect one another and treat each other kindly!!!

Okay, now that is off my chest, have a good day and lets talk BANANAS!!!
Wow! You obviously think you can read minds and either don't care or did not read my post about offending people by asserting motives in their post. It offends me when you assert that I am a mean person that is snubbing my nose at Jarred--nothing could be further from the truth.

I believe that I have been respectful (as well as have most of the people posting here). I have continued to read and post on this thread because I find it enlightening and at times humorous (like the part about snipe hunting (the imaginary kind) and the recipe for snipe--"truss the legs of the snipe" lol). I like chatting with most of the people on this thread. There are other threads in the Tiki Hut I have not read or posted to--I am not interested in them--so I do not read them.
sbl is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To sbl
Said thanks: