View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
palmtree

Zone: 7b
Name: Alex C
BananaBucks : 104,086
Said "Thanks" 1,492 Times
Was Thanked 1,428 Times in 644 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 103 Times
Default Re: Frost Protection in South Florida!!!

This is horrible! I mean SOUTH FLORIDA! Its too warm to be protecting plants there!!! (or so you would think)

This cold is very unusual. Luckily over here the nights here arent getting to record breaking cold (most are above 20) but the days are barely above freezing which is about 10F degrees below average. All my palms are covered except of my needle palm.

I hope they cold air gets out of here soon. The only place getting it good is the southwest with ABOVE average temperatures (but they did get some pretty nasty temps earlier this season there too). Florida and the center of the contry seem to really be getting the brunt of it. Some northern parts of florida MIGHT see a little SNOW later this week, but right now thats wishful thinking (if you actually like the snow).

Good luck, hope everything makes it down there! Dont forget to post some pics after this rare and bitter cold event is over.

Global warming certainly is looking less likely to me every day. After a cool summer where the hottest temp (93F) was in april (with only 5 days from april to august in the 90s), and so far a forecast that doesnt even take me to average temperatures, I think we are definately in a cool period since probably 85% of the country (not inculding alaska or hawaii) is below average and so is many other northern hemisphere countries. Right now I can use some summer days!

Last edited by palmtree : 01-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.
palmtree is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To palmtree