View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,345
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Zone Pushing in the Tropics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorax View Post
Well, Jack, I was working as a barista and restaurant manager, but the University of Ambato offered me about a triple pay raise to come and teach theatre design and historical costuming and architecture. The latter is actually within the scope of one of my own degrees, which made it far more attractive. As did the diurnal schedule - I was turning into a vampire over at the bar - sleep all day, get up when the sun sets, and work all night. Yick. I lost my tan and everything.
Well, if you became programmer, you would have your face nicely tanned by the screen, otherwise it's not that good either.
Working at university might be fine, don't know, I've never actually tried it, but that's one of those careers I might wanna try in the future. Well, I have my fiungers crossed for you.

Paulie, it's just that I come from a region, where we literally swim on water, the biggest drinking water reservoirs are here, just 4 to 7m (13 - 23m) below our feet, it rains here more intensively than in England yet we have much more sunny days... That's what I love... My summers are usually made of 60% water (at least 14hours/day close to some water), 'cause it's a place of meetings and social activities.
I really can't imagine living in the desert. If only my summers where longer... But I maybe wouldn't appreciate them so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorax View Post
Our daytime highs here are in the high 30s to low 40s Centigrade, and our overnights (in the yard at least) are between 5 and 10 C.
That night time waitressing starts to look very attractive at this point. Well, at least there aren't any floods, are there?

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw