View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
bananalover

BananaBucks : 50,718
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Future of bananas

I found this very interesting. I think this is a problem with most things we eat. They are expected to look all the same but I really don't think this is because of the consumers. Normally people really go for anything that is new, interesting and unusual. I think people get used to one form of fruits or vegetables because that is what is mostly available to them.
As for cavendish going down, I think people will accept whatever else comes up in the stores as long as it tastes good. They will buy it at first because it is different and they will stick with it later because it will probably be all there is and they will be used to it. Happened before and I amsure it will again. We are very good at repeating ourselves.
Funny thing is that I don't buy very many bananas. I think they are too expensive and only get them when they are in a bag. Then I dry or make banana bread or butter out of whatever we don't eat. Someday I hope to have our own bananas and we will be able to enjoy them more often and the different flavors are definitely a plus.
bananalover is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bananalover