View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 283,490
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: Share your antiques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Thanx Beth & Paul !! That's incredible Deluxe!! That's a LOT of wires! See why they had to get better ideas - Bet the birds Luv'd it though, lots of places to sit !
So, what I figure is that ya just picked up that black tube-looking thing & somebody was just sitting somewhere ready to find out who ya wanted to call...? Would make it easier But cant imagine how many wires they'd need now!
Thanx for all the Super pics, too !
yes there was a person referd to as the oparator mostly this would have been a woman her job was to sit there and answer ever call that came to her board it was tiersom and at times of high call volume stressfull my mother was a telaphon operator for many many years hes the reson i know so much on the subject and the fact that i love any bit of historical fact i lived in a house for years that was built in the 1850 in a town that had the second largest number of milinaris in the 18th cetury of cours Natches Mississippi was the largest number of milunars during the civl war if you ever get a chans to go there its a highly informativ city to visit but i digress so all stope there

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese
Said thanks: