View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
saltydad

Zone: 7a
Name: Howard
BananaBucks : 172,690
Said "Thanks" 14,712 Times
Was Thanked 4,662 Times in 1,778 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 824 Times
Default Re: Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Our Vets

With Veteran's Day in mind, once again I post a message from a wonderful organization that I urge you to explore. Thanks.

Dear Howard,

Thanks to WWP supporters like you, the meaning of Veterans Day will sink a little deeper into the hearts of the American people this year. Your kindness does make a difference...

Service, Sacrifice, and Love of Country – They Would Do it All Again!
Tomorrow we honor what our veterans did for you and me. Other than those who gave life itself, the wounded sacrificed most. Yet, to a man and woman, they'd do it all again for America. We can really never thank them enough, but showing them we support the programs and services they need so badly is a start … Please make your Veterans Day gift of $50 … $75 … $100!

See what a few more fellow WWP supporters said regarding the service and sacrifice of so many brave men and women during this Veterans Day season! Their thoughts will light up your patriotic spirit.

And our heroes were filled with a great sense of pride and encouragement from all those kind feelings ... just as they gain new strength from the programs you support each time you give to Wounded Warrior Project.

As you read the comments, I hope you'll feel so moved that you'll forward this email to family and friends.

That way, your friends and family will capture some of the fire inspired by the comments left by WWP supporters such as yourself. And we need to keep this feeling going all year long!

Iraq War veteran Pete Sutherland was deeply moved by the appreciation his fellow Americans expressed to him. Now, he and I are using WWP's family of wounded warriors to spread that gratitude to others who, like Pete, receive so much from programs and services provided by WWP.

If you already sent your Veterans Day gift for the wounded, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. But if you haven't, or wish to further support our wounded heroes, have a great day as you send your special Veterans Day gift of $50 ... $75 ... $100 ... or more now!

Thank you for honoring their service and sacrifice!

Steven Nardizzi, Executive Director
Wounded Warrior Project

"Gardening is the purest of human pleasures." - Francis Bacon

"If by a liberal, they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind; someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions; someone who cares about the welfare of the people, their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, their civil liberties; someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicion that grips us; that is what they meant by a liberal, I am proud to be a liberal."
John F. Kennedy, September, 1960

http://flickr.com/photos/saltydad/ and
http://community.webshots.com/user/saltydad
http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/saltydad/

saltydad is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To saltydad
Said thanks: