View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Clare_CA

BananaBucks : 136,155
Said "Thanks" 1,156 Times
Was Thanked 844 Times in 277 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3 Times
Default Pups coming in already

I just planted these bananas like four months ago. I'm a little surprised to see pups so soon, but I guess I shouldn't be since I'm still learning about bananas. Am I really supposed to remove some of these pups? I have to say that this makes me a little nervous as I haven't done this before. None of these have fruited yet.

I'm afraid that the identification tags were misplaced when they were planted so I'm not sure if they are the ones that I got from Home Depot or from Logee's.

Two of my bananas have four pups, and one has three. None of these have fruited yet, and I just got them this year. That's a new vinylfence that they are near so I suppose it would be prudent to remove any pups that will touch the fence. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

By the way, in the second picture, that's a canna coming up between the two bananas. I'm pretty sure the banana to the right of that canna is 'Double Majoi,' which has two p-stems growing right now.

Last edited by Clare_CA : 10-15-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo
Clare_CA is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Clare_CA
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors