View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 283,469
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default I think i known why Maurellii turn green?

iv been chatting with Gabe over the summer as to why my Maurellii has turned bright green when it was so dark purple at the beginning when i first planted it
i thought enisaly it was the PH so i dosed it with allot of sulfur and iron that had no affect as i was only able to get the Ph down to 6.8 and ideally it needs to be 6 so after that i thought well maybe its a light problem so i erected a shade cloth over it and well you guessed it no affect then i decided to feed the H out of it and guess what after two feedings at two week intervouls its new leaf is fairly deep purple so the food I'm giving it is vary high in Nitrogen and Potassium it one of the ones Richard sells i don't know which one as Scot gave it to me with out the packaging its blue thats all i can tell you and its water soluble you all will have to ask him what he sold Scot as he did not answer my last email on the subject he probably missed it is all so I'm not criticizing him any way thats what if discover its not scientific but it dose aper to be why they turn green Nutrition plain and simple i new it had to be something easy like that but it took all summer to figure it out that all just thought you all would like to know this

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors