Bananas.org

Bananas.org (http://www.bananas.org/)
-   Banana Plants Wanted (http://www.bananas.org/f224/)
-   -   AeAe (http://www.bananas.org/f224/aeae-17551.html)

natej740 02-23-2013 12:14 AM

AeAe
 
When it warms up enough to ship to Ohio I want one...I tried last year with no luck but this year I have my fingers crossed ill find one. Please let me know if you have any or will have some available.....thanks

Chance1945 02-23-2013 11:14 PM

Re: AeAe
 
I also want one. Had one promised to me in a trade but after I sent them what they wanted I never heard from them again. Had another one promised to me from someone else and again I never heard from them again. Let me know if you fine one at a price a poor man can afford.

bananimal 02-24-2013 01:22 AM

Re: AeAe
 
I had a bunch of Ae Ae pups growing last year. This winter dampened off almost all of them. In a few months I'll know for sure how many are still alive.

natej740 02-24-2013 05:44 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Dan, I'd love to get an Ae Ae off of you when they get growing again. I've always loved your pictures of them. Please let me know when you have some available and hopefully I can get them growing here in Ohio.

bananimal 02-24-2013 07:57 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by natej740 (Post 215157)
Dan, I'd love to get an Ae Ae off of you when they get growing again. I've always loved your pictures of them. Please let me know when you have some available and hopefully I can get them growing here in Ohio.

I hear ya. It was 88 today --- new all time record ---and mid 60's for tonight. Everything is coming around, but slowly. Time to lay down the first appl of fert for 2013.

Chance1945 02-25-2013 01:32 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Losing even one ae ae must be a heartbreaker. Sure hope you can save some.

bananimal 02-25-2013 09:19 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance1945 (Post 215210)
Losing even one ae ae must be a heartbreaker. Sure hope you can save some.

Last winter the same thing happened to the little pups and the above ground leaves and trunk withered up. But some of them, the larger ones, regrew back. Will see what's what later.

bananimal 03-17-2013 07:50 AM

Re: AeAe
 
Update ----- Still not much activity on the 2 AE mats. We are sick of all the cold fronts so far this year. My sis-in-law said the other day ---- "I didn't move to So Florida for this sheet!!!" lol

Still --- it looks like we are out of the cold from now on --- gotta be --- it's mid March already for crying out loud!!!

natej740 03-17-2013 09:17 AM

Re: AeAe
 
I know man....were supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow up here today. I took the cover off of my basjoos and cut some of the top off that got froze and its only grew a half an inch so far this year.

Good luck on the AeAe's I bet they're just waiting for it to warm up and they'll be poppin up everywhere. Can't wait to get one though!

PR-Giants 03-17-2013 09:49 AM

Re: AeAe
 
Dan is the Man, when it comes to High Quality Ae Ae pups

sunfish 03-17-2013 10:46 AM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PR-Giants (Post 216137)
Dan is the Man, when it comes to High Quality Ae Ae pups

Wow

abjones116 03-17-2013 01:11 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bananimal (Post 216128)
Update ----- Still not much activity on the 2 AE mats. We are sick of all the cold fronts so far this year. My sis-in-law said the other day ---- "I didn't move to So Florida for this sheet!!!" lol

Still --- it looks like we are out of the cold from now on --- gotta be --- it's mid March already for crying out loud!!!

Hey Dan,

If you have any extras when you get the members above, can you put me down on your list for an AE AE pup?

Thanks much,

sunfish 03-17-2013 01:16 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance1945 (Post 215210)
Losing even one ae ae must be a heartbreaker. Sure hope you can save some.

Just a plant. I think there is many more important things in life.

harveyc 03-17-2013 01:23 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Yeah, just a heartbreaker in a relative sense. I've known many with much more serious problems these days but know of one person undergoing cancer treatment whose plants have been very therapeutic for him.

Worm_Farmer 03-18-2013 06:08 PM

Re: AeAe
 
I thought nanaman and Greenie had some sort of Ae Ae propagation project going on. I recall pictures of them planting an entire row of them.

bananimal 03-18-2013 07:00 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Worm_Farmer (Post 216208)
I thought nanaman and Greenie had some sort of Ae Ae propagation project going on. I recall pictures of them planting an entire row of them.

They quit it after 2 yrs. Threw the entire mats chopped up into the compost pile. My guess - too much hassle.

flaflowerfloozie 04-02-2013 10:38 PM

Re: AeAe
 
Me..me...ME too, I want on the list here in Titusville, I'll even take a green one and hope for the best on possible pups to come up 2 toned.
Trade? $$? Up to you we will talk if the opportunity arises.

robguz24 04-02-2013 11:31 PM

Re: AeAe
 
From what I understand green ones never revert back to being variegated in their pups.

natej740 03-22-2014 12:58 AM

Re: AeAe
 
Its that time of year again...still looking! Some one sell me an AE AE....

robguz24 03-22-2014 04:30 AM

Re: AeAe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robguz24 (Post 216972)
From what I understand green ones never revert back to being variegated in their pups.

Unless you are PR-Giants that is! Keith, didn't you recently have a green one that put out variegated pups?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.