Bananas.org

Bananas.org (http://www.bananas.org/)
-   Main Banana Discussion (http://www.bananas.org/f2/)
-   -   Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad? (http://www.bananas.org/f2/transplanted-goldfinger-pot-bad-52747.html)

garek007 10-04-2021 03:49 PM

Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad?
 
Hi all,

I transplanted a pup into a pot and it seemed like it was doing fine for about a week, then it took a turn for the worse.
https://ibb.co/4SMbJ5D
https://ibb.co/k1TzsfS




This is the plant it was taken from, so you can see what is should look like.

https://ibb.co/1rpsjjG
https://ibb.co/rM9ZkmX

Is this just transplant shock or something worse?

pitangadiego 10-04-2021 04:59 PM

Re: Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad?
 
Probably has transplant shock, and the hot weather the last week didn't help. Keep it moist and let it be. Be patient.

75north 10-04-2021 05:30 PM

Re: Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad?
 
Seems a bit severe to be transplant shock, unless it's been super hot there?

Did it have enough roots attached after you separated it from the mother plant? I've often had pups wilt like this when I didn't do a good job separating them.

garek007 10-04-2021 06:21 PM

Re: Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitangadiego (Post 345523)
Probably has transplant shock, and the hot weather the last week didn't help. Keep it moist and let it be. Be patient.

Thanks! Good to have a fellow San Diegan who knows what the conditions are like!


Quote:

Originally Posted by 75north (Post 345524)
Seems a bit severe to be transplant shock, unless it's been super hot there?

Did it have enough roots attached after you separated it from the mother plant? I've often had pups wilt like this when I didn't do a good job separating them.

I had plenty of roots, maybe almost too many. I do agree it seems to be more severe than what I've seen for transplant shock.

I was wondering if I overwatered it because I watered it almost daily for like 4 days, but that's because it was hot. Oh well, I'll wait it out and see.

pitangadiego 10-05-2021 04:40 PM

Re: Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad?
 
Yes, was hottest week of the summer. Be patient. It is what it is at this point and overthinkjng and continued tinkering will only worsen the situation. Bananas are pretty resilient.

garek007 10-05-2021 10:09 PM

Re: Transplanted Goldfinger to Pot: Is this bad?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitangadiego (Post 345549)
Yes, was hottest week of the summer. Be patient. It is what it is at this point and overthinkjng and continued tinkering will only worsen the situation. Bananas are pretty resilient.

Thanks. Well I'm not going to tinker with it, but if it does die I want to try to understand why so I don't make the same mistake again.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.