Bananas.org

Bananas.org (http://www.bananas.org/)
-   Main Banana Discussion (http://www.bananas.org/f2/)
-   -   Donetta (http://www.bananas.org/f2/donetta-48511.html)

mari@adams.net 08-18-2018 09:16 PM

Donetta
 
Can anyone identify this banana plant.[IMG]IMG_8360[/IMG]

What am I doing wrong not to get the imagine to display.....I am going by instructions on how to post a picture.

edwmax 08-19-2018 04:29 AM

Re: Donetta
 
No you are not. You have to place the Complete URL for that img between the tags. And the image MUST be hosted on a web server.

mari@adams.net 08-19-2018 09:53 AM

Re: Donetta
 
These are the instructions I have followed: Right click on photo....Select Properties...then in Box that opens, you will see the url (location) of the image, ... drag your mouse across it to highlight it, then copy that link to your clipboard with another right click and select 'copy'...Come back here and type out your post, then click the little icon that looks like a mountain range with a sunset. ..That is a tool that helps post images....It's already copied to your clipboard....So 'Paste' it in there (or right click & select 'Paste'.... Not for sure what you are calling 'clipboard'. The picture is on my computer.

Iowa 08-19-2018 11:26 AM

Re: Donetta
 
Your pictures may be to large, I make mine 1,000 to 15,00 pixels on the long side. Then they load up.

mari@adams.net 08-19-2018 12:08 PM

Re: Donetta
 
The picture shows Dimensions of 3701x4934 and Size: 4.60MB. Don't know how that compares with pixels.

edwmax 08-19-2018 02:38 PM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mari@adams.net (Post 317634)
These are the instructions I have followed: Right click on photo....Select Properties...then in Box that opens, you will see the url (location) of the image, ... drag your mouse across it to highlight it, then copy that link to your clipboard with another right click and select 'copy'...Come back here and type out your post, then click the little icon that looks like a mountain range with a sunset. ..That is a tool that helps post images....It's already copied to your clipboard....So 'Paste' it in there (or right click & select 'Paste'.... Not for sure what you are calling 'clipboard'. The picture is on my computer.




You can test the URL on your computer before posting to the forum. Open a new page or Tab and paste into the URL line. If the image opens correctly, then make you post and past into the 'Insert Image' tool/button as instructed. The URL will start with 'http:/ ...........' and MUST end with img, jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp, or pnp.

Iowa 08-19-2018 05:58 PM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mari@adams.net (Post 317640)
The picture shows Dimensions of 3701x4934 and Size: 4.60MB. Don't know how that compares with pixels.

It's 3701 pixels x 4934 pixels, make 1500 pixels on the long side.

mari@adams.net 08-19-2018 06:04 PM

Re: Donetta
 
So, do you think it is too large? Or should it post by this size. I'll call my server tonight and see if they can help me with this. Thanks for your help.

edwmax 08-19-2018 07:25 PM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowa (Post 317650)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mari@adams.net (Post 317640)
The picture shows Dimensions of 3701x4934 and Size: 4.60MB. Don't know how that compares with pixels.


It's 3701 pixels x 4934 pixels, make 1500 pixels on the long side.




4.60 mb is less then the 5.20 Mb limit. It's not too big! Although smaller img files will work just as good/better and increase your allowed storage limit as much as 3 times. ... The file size limit has to do this forum's upload function; not the image size displayed by the web browser or maximum file size allowed by other image hosting sites.


The URL in the img link above is NOT CORRECT. ... Right click on the image and then paste directly into a new post. Then I will show you the correct code again.

mari@adams.net 08-19-2018 10:15 PM

Re: Donetta
 
Nothing you have suggested will allow me to do it. Even my server couldn't understand the instructions and get an image to post. I must have a mental block here trying to do this.

Richard 08-19-2018 10:30 PM

Re: Donetta
 
How to post an image on Bananas.org

So here's what I do:

1. Click on "Photo Gallery" on the blue menu bar near the top of the page ... Immediately to the right of "User CP".

2. Ok, now you have 2 blue menu bars, the original and (below an advertisement) a second which on the far right says "Upload Photos". Click on that.

3. Now you're looking at a two-column layout. On the left, notice where it says "Select the photos you wish to upload from your computer". To the right of it, click on the highlighted button that says "Choose File". Select the file you want and then click on the "Open" button-- or whatever on your device. The file name should be displayed to the right of the "Choose File" button.

4. Down at the bottom of the two-column form you'll see a button that says "Upload / Submit". Click on it.

5. Now you are looking at a page with two large buttons that say "Process" in red letters. Click on one of them.

6. Finally you get to a page that shows you images you have successfully uploaded. Click on the image you want to include in your post.

7. Underneath the image you see 3 text fields, the 1st of which is labeled "Code for bulletin boards:". Click on the text in the box ONCE. Now copy it, either by right-click on a Microsoft Computer or whatever means you have on your device.

8. Now travel to the post you wish to use the image in, and paste that text into your post.

9999. Take a moment to appreciate that 20 years ago this was the latest and simplest way to post an image in a bulletin board!

mari@adams.net 08-19-2018 11:05 PM

Re: Donetta
 
Richard: I got down to #4 and Upload/Submit which gave me a window that said the photo was successfully uploaded. But when I got to #5..that window did not appear...no large buttons that say "Process" in red letters. I got a "This category does not contain any images". …... I have supposedly 'successfully uploaded" the photo 3 different times, but don't find it........I sent the photo to myself through email and it came through okay. Know this site is different than email, but just wondered if possible to send the photo in any way.

Richard 08-19-2018 11:27 PM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mari@adams.net (Post 317663)
Richard: I got down to #4 and Upload/Submit which gave me a window that said the photo was successfully uploaded. But when I got to #5..that window did not appear...no large buttons that say "Process" in red letters....

Then in reality it was uploaded in name only. You need to shrink the size of your image. Are you using a desktop, laptop, smart phone (?) and what brand?

mari@adams.net 08-19-2018 11:49 PM

Re: Donetta
 
I did shrink the size down from 4.60MB to 2.35MB and uploaded it. I am using a desktop Dell computer.

edwmax 08-20-2018 02:53 AM

Re: Donetta
 
What is the image file name on your computer? I'm trying to verify that you have proper files names. Open the image; right click on the image; then click properties.


On the 'General' tab at/near the top is the file name and image type, what are these?

Sarah Brubacker 08-20-2018 05:29 AM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

I did shrink the size down from 4.60MB to 2.35MB and uploaded it. I am using a desktop Dell computer.
For the longest time I was not able to post pictures. But i am pretty sure your problem is that it's still to big, thats always what happened to me it woud say it up loaded it but wouldn't get my process button, since i don't know how to shrink pictures i crop them and it really lowers the pixels. I'd say try it again the exact way Richard wrote but make your image smaller.
One things I still have to figured out is how to make the image show up it just gives a link to my gallery.
Hope you can get it figured out.

edwmax 08-20-2018 06:49 AM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Brubacker (Post 317669)
For the longest time I was not able to post pictures. But i am pretty sure your problem is that it's still to big, thats always what happened to me it woud say it up loaded it but wouldn't get my process button, since i don't know how to shrink pictures i crop them and it really lowers the pixels. I'd say try it again the exact way Richard wrote but make your image smaller.
One things I still have to figured out is how to make the image show up it just gives a link to my gallery.
Hope you can get it figured out.


What picture viewing/editing program are you using to crop the pictures?

mari@adams.net 08-20-2018 10:33 AM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by edwmax (Post 317668)
What is the image file name on your computer? I'm trying to verify that you have proper files names. Open the image; right click on the image; then click properties.


On the 'General' tab at/near the top is the file name and image type, what are these?

The type of file is : JPG File (.JPG)

edwmax 08-20-2018 10:40 AM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mari@adams.net (Post 317676)
The type of file is : JPG File (.JPG)


What was the name of the file?

mari@adams.net 08-20-2018 10:44 AM

Re: Donetta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by edwmax (Post 317678)
What was the name of the file?

IMG_8360(3)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.