Bananas.org

Bananas.org (http://www.bananas.org/)
-   Fruit (http://www.bananas.org/f13/)
-   -   has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit (http://www.bananas.org/f13/has-anyone-heard-ordered-miamifruit-47710.html)

duaneh 10-09-2017 05:18 PM

has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
I just ordered a sample box of bananas from miamifruit very expensive and a little worried I really want to try all the different varieties I can but with all the hurricane damage in south florida I'm afraid I wont get but a couple different ones if any at all

scottu 10-11-2017 07:42 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Have not, please Let us know how they are.
Some here occasionally can be coerced to send some of their leftovers, you have to stay tuned in to the fruiting seasons and bug them though, it is worth it.

duaneh 10-11-2017 10:03 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
thanks I will post my experience with Miami fruit as soon as I receive my order:2722:

duaneh 10-31-2017 06:02 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
finally after 3 weeks I received an e-mail from Miami fruit that my banana variety box was shipped today in all fairness a lot of the crop was devastated by the hurricane so not upset it took so long just excited to try different varieties don't know yet what they sent me will find out in a couple days

mdouglas 10-31-2017 08:36 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Would love to hear your experience.

Botanical_Bryce 11-01-2017 12:15 AM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
John Kohler from Growing Your Greens visits them and buys from them and made YouTube videos about them. I know I lost my harvests twice this year.

duaneh 11-04-2017 12:28 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
:woohoonaner: I received my order yesterday it cost me 40 dollars for a banana variety box and 16 dollars shipping for a total of 56 dollars and heres what I received 6 gros Michael,6 pisang raja 8 mysore and 7 namwa the bananas are close to ripe but no quite ready yet I did try one of the namwa didn't think it was very good but not quite ripe yet was starchy and a little to firm cant quite explain the taste but not good will try again when ripe the fruit from Miami fruit was packed very well and is of excellent quality just a little pricy but worth it since you cant get these varieties in northern ohio I will order from them again when I can get more varieties to try

NCBananas 11-04-2017 03:08 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Pictures would be nice ....

Botanical_Bryce 11-04-2017 11:47 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
I found namwah is gross and myvleast favorite.
Quote:

Originally Posted by duaneh (Post 310780)
:woohoonaner: I received my order yesterday it cost me 40 dollars for a banana variety box and 16 dollars shipping for a total of 56 dollars and heres what I received 6 gros Michael,6 pisang raja 8 mysore and 7 namwa the bananas are close to ripe but no quite ready yet I did try one of the namwa didn't think it was very good but not quite ripe yet was starchy and a little to firm cant quite explain the taste but not good will try again when ripe the fruit from Miami fruit was packed very well and is of excellent quality just a little pricy but worth it since you cant get these varieties in northern ohio I will order from them again when I can get more varieties to try


scottu 11-05-2017 07:24 AM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
pictures please

beam2050 11-05-2017 07:58 AM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
:pics:

*Dearly Depotted* 10-18-2020 09:56 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by duaneh (Post 310152)
I just ordered a sample box of bananas from miamifruit very expensive and a little worried I really want to try all the different varieties I can but with all the hurricane damage in south florida I'm afraid I wont get but a couple different ones if any at all

I know that this an old thread but I would like to know how did it turn out? Was it worth the money? Iíve been considering buying from that company myself. It does seem way too expensive for a box full of bananas! Seriously, youíd be better off buying several really big banana plants for that price and then just wait to grow your own bananas! Am I right or what! :ha::ha::ha:

mdouglas 10-19-2020 08:40 AM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Dearly Depotted* (Post 335999)
I know that this an old thread but I would like to know how did it turn out? Was it worth the money? Iíve been considering buying from that company myself. It does seem way too expensive for a box full of bananas! Seriously, youíd be better off buying several really big banana plants for that price and then just wait to grow your own bananas! Am I right or what! :ha::ha::ha:

Was surprised to see the email alert about this thread. :08: I posted in this thread back in 2017, apparently.

Sometime after that, I ordered my own banana box from Miami fruit. In my opinion, it was only worth the money the one time to be able to get several banana species that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

That said, I would never order it again. Mainly because I didn't like the taste of any of the bananas! :ha:

I was mainly interested in the Gros Michel. I found them to be smaller than expected and did not taste nearly as amazing as I'd been led to believe. I'd been waiting 20 years to taste one, and perhaps they'd taken on a mythical quality and I was just let down by my own built-up expectations.

For me it was worth it for the one-time experience. The box was absolutely packed with bananas, and the quality of the bananas was great.

:2738:

*Dearly Depotted* 10-20-2020 01:44 AM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
[quote=mdouglas;336008]Was surprised to see the email alert about this thread. :08: I posted in this thread back in 2017, apparently.

Sometime after that, I ordered my own banana box from Miami fruit. In my opinion, it was only worth the money the one time to be able to get several banana species that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

That said, I would never order it again. Mainly because I didn't like the taste of any of the bananas! :ha:

I was mainly interested in the Gros Michel. I found them to be smaller than expected and did not taste nearly as amazing as I'd been led to believe. I'd been waiting 20 years to taste one, and perhaps they'd taken on a mythical quality and I was just let down by my own built-up expectations.

For me it was worth it for the one-time experience. The box was absolutely packed with bananas, and the quality of the bananas was great.

:2738:[/QUOTE

I figured it was a long shot to hear from someone on this thread! So thanks for the reply & information! How disappointing you had to wait 20 years to find out you donít even like the taste! :ha::ha: Yeah Iím beginning to think I should probably pass on buying from this company. Thanks for the heads up! :08:

cincinnana 10-20-2020 05:38 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
[quote=*Dearly Depotted*;336026]
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdouglas (Post 336008)
Was surprised to see the email alert about this thread. :08: I posted in this thread back in 2017, apparently.

Sometime after that, I ordered my own banana box from Miami fruit. In my opinion, it was only worth the money the one time to be able to get several banana species that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

That said, I would never order it again. Mainly because I didn't like the taste of any of the bananas! :ha:

I was mainly interested in the Gros Michel. I found them to be smaller than expected and did not taste nearly as amazing as I'd been led to believe. I'd been waiting 20 years to taste one, and perhaps they'd taken on a mythical quality and I was just let down by my own built-up expectations.

For me it was worth it for the one-time experience. The box was absolutely packed with bananas, and the quality of the bananas was great.

:2738:[/QUOTE

I figured it was a long shot to hear from someone on this thread! So thanks for the reply & information! How disappointing you had to wait 20 years to find out you donít even like the taste! :ha::ha: Yeah Iím beginning to think I should probably pass on buying from this company. Thanks for the heads up! :08:

Yep.....all good....

Snarkie 11-20-2020 03:38 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
This whole thing reads like an answer to a Craig's List ad. :ha:

"Hi, this is MiamiFruit. Sooo... how big is your Cavendish, Butch? Oh, you didn't like the taste? Better luck at the next port, Sailor." :08:

cincinnana 11-20-2020 07:15 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Yep....still all good.

*Dearly Depotted* 11-20-2020 10:55 PM

Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snarkie (Post 336850)
This whole thing reads like an answer to a Craig's List ad. :ha:

"Hi, this is MiamiFruit. Sooo... how big is your Cavendish, Butch? Oh, you didn't like the taste? Better luck at the next port, Sailor." :08:

Hey, Snarkie! That was so :ha:! Iím sorry but itís also a little on the gross side as well! However, Iím still lmao! Thanks for the laugh!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.