View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #147 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 283,402
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: high temperature banana growing habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman88 View Post
Sounds like your garden is kicking butt, Paul!
thanks it did better this year but its by no means were i want it to be next year im going to consintrate on creating vary tidy and more compact looking beds i want bananas but i dont want a jungal so as the Bananas have matured i treat them like a tree with underplantings its just that some of the things i planted were just to untidy for me so all get rid of that stuff and try a few things diffirent no more melons there to unrouly every time i would try to train a vine it would just move back to were it ues to be aslow no zinuas they just get to flopy and unlike colder places ones there growing they are there forever i cut down the caster been it was a gigantic vireaty and got to over 12 ft i need the space for my Dwarf willams so that made thing look better i would like to try that red smal caster been iv seen it in some of the pictures here on the ORG if i ever find one or two the Banana beds are all about being red and green i uesd the perpul vins and that workd out grate they stay compact for a sweet potato and you get food too always a bones as far as im consernd any ideas for underplantings weree shade it prity prevalent east sid of my house?

PS i forgot or i never asked you what hapend to your Ae Ae?

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese