View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
cherokee_greg
Love those bananas

Zone: zone 9
Name: Greg
BananaBucks : 228,022
Said "Thanks" 8,066 Times
Was Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,663 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 335 Times
Default zone 9 central valley banana ?

Ok heres the scoop. I have some young banana plants in the ground a red siam a ice cream and a ornamental im sorry the name slipped my mind at the moment. I have some that were grown not to far from my city umknown name there older ones than I have that big ornamental banana plant in the ground. I have a dwarf red in the pot .Should I dig up the siam and the other young bananas for the winter ? If so will keeping them under a covered patio be ok are should I take them in the house ? I donot want them to die. I know there is some central valley zone 9ners out there please give the brother a hand
Thanks a bunch !

Greg zone 9 Fresno,CA
http://gardenjot.com/garden/view/1980/Gregs-Banana-Farm

Click for Fresno, California Forecast
cherokee_greg is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cherokee_greg
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors