View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #132 (permalink)
Blake09

Zone: Zone 7B
Name: Blake
BananaBucks : 109,830
Said "Thanks" 1,424 Times
Was Thanked 1,105 Times in 448 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 328 Times
Default Re: 100% Free Ice Cream 'Blue Java' Contest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by proletariatcsp View Post
To move it, a handtruck will work.

1. You can cut the barrel, but if your like me and would rather save it for later you have two other options..
I like this one, I can get HUNDREDS of these.

Quote:
2. Let the barrel dry out pretty good, but not bone dry. Then, carefully lay the barrel on its side, dont worry bout the leaves. Get your neighbor or a friend to hold the barrel while you wiggle the base of the psuedostem with both hands. You should let the person with the barrel end pull while you remain still.

3. You can lay the barrel on its side. Lay down next to it and lay the psuedostem over your chest. With it on your chest, grasp with both hands and put your feet agaist each edge of the barrel. You should be able to carefully push the barrel off. And with the plant on its side, it should be easy to roll it into the new hole. .
hmmm which to do... maby #2

Quote:
I know the pot is heavy, but when your ready to pull the banana you will be surprised to see a lot of the dirt remain in the pot. This why it is important to let the dirt dry out pretty good, because the dry dirt will help to hold the root ball together better. When you lay the pot on its side, the rootball may even come out without force. I have taken much bigger plants out of pots, and its scary at first because leaves tend to get broken but thats ok they will grow back.

A banana plant in the autumn gale -
I listen to the dripping of rain
Into a basin at night.
~ Basho Matsuo (1644- 1694)
Blake09 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Blake09