View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
blownz281

Zone: 8b coastal
BananaBucks : 348,556
Said "Thanks" 440 Times
Was Thanked 756 Times in 534 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 14 Times
Cold Winter time question

We are moving to Wilmington NC soon. I think the area we are in is zone 8a near downtown area. Anyhow I can not fit any of my nanners inside the house. Here is the list

Basjoo's
- hardy for sure living in my zone 5-4 winters in ohio)
Velutina
Skkiss
Laterias
Chinese yellow
Ice Cream
Brodenlen sorry about the spelling of these.
Orinoco

These are all decent size with the tallest being 4.5ft. Now they are all in pots. SO does anyone have any idea as to what I can do to best keep them from dieing or keeping 100% of the trunk? I would figure they would be colder in the pots then in the ground correct? Not like it gets really cold here anyhow though. Maybe by some kind of tarp and have it setup at a angle so they are protected from rain,wind during the cold days. Lowest here was 16* for one day acouple hrs. That was a record. Thanks for any ideas!!
blownz281 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To blownz281

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors