View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Kim
Fresh Banana Peel

Zone: 9-10
Name: Kim
BananaBucks : 14,821
Said "Thanks" 537 Times
Was Thanked 106 Times in 56 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 74 Times
Default Re: Are you Superstitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotth View Post
I was also born on the 13th and if you ever notice there is never a 13th floor on most buildings.
Most sailors are known to be superstitious but I consider myself to not be even though I am ex navy. Although I would never change the name of a boat/ship. Uh ok so maybe I am superstitious...............
Congrats on the DOB of the 13th. I'm thinking because you were navy--Aquarius? But I'm probably wrong.

Objects vs Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
....The old mariners practically wrote the book on superstitions! That'd be worth a thread in itself. Hadn't heard the one about not changing a vessel's name, though.
I've discovered that when people give a name to a NEW boat, it is done by preference. But when it comes to changing the name of a boat, superstitious behavior comes into play, whether or not the boat gets a name change. So it is something to check into Eric.

The old mariners had many stories to tell when they returned to port. Some were even true. But every story was interesting to listen to, as told by the Conveyor of such adventures.

I just noticed sbl's remark about the old country folk of the south. It's soooooooo true. Thanks sbl.

Thanks for your responses everybody.
Have a better day than yesterday.

Last edited by Kim : 09-01-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: sbl & the south
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kim
Said thanks: