View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #110 (permalink)
proletariatcsp

Zone: zone 10
Name: Chris in FL
BananaBucks : 90,040
Said "Thanks" 148 Times
Was Thanked 186 Times in 83 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: 100% Free Ice Cream 'Blue Java' Contest!!!

Quote:
Wow I still cant beleve I won! I must say THANKS!! Hmmm Ill chose the 3-4ft corm. I must ask would I put the courm in a big pot for the winter and then plant it in the spring after all danger of frost has pased. I beleve the Ice cream plant likes full sun? do you think I could grow a plant in a big pot? But ill put the one you gave to me in the ground. As you may see This will be my second banana plant and I have many questions, I cant wait til I get the courm. I ll include my address once you reply to this message. and again THANKS!!!

Blake
Hey Blake, the corm choice sounds like a good one. I will definitely send it to you with a couple of the lower leaves intact. I've heard some of the other members mention that leaving a few leaves intact helps the corm establish faster.

Please keep in mind that I will have to cut the corm down to fit in the box, but it shouldn't require to much trimming since its still under 4ft tall. Feel free to send me your address info at my email: proletariatcsp@yahoo.com

I will relay this message in the general bananas discussion forum and ask the other members help answer some of your questions about potting for winter. I personally think that is the best way. But for size, water frequency, etc. . . I don't have any experience. Please help Blake09 with planting his new IC corm? - Bananas.org

Congrats on the winning guess! And thank you to everyone who participated!

Last edited by proletariatcsp : 08-27-2009 at 06:09 PM.
proletariatcsp is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To proletariatcsp
Said thanks:
Sponsors