View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 283,280
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Ensete?

I'm not going to state this as definitive but? i have had this same problem with my Ensete and its always been do to two factors one over finalization and two Dogs urinating on the plants do you have cats or dogs? and how often are you feeding? with what? and how much? other then the ruffled leafs and the obvious variegation they look pretty healthy to me from the pictures
many of my EV have ruffled leafs again i attribute this to over feeding i don't think they take quite as much food as Musa do the soil were they grow throughout Ethiopia and north easter Africa can be a bit depleted they grow over such a big area i don't want to say thats the norm but in the moderate high lands the soil is fairly poor and not much of it do to the rockiness and that its at the beginning of mouton ranges that border ether side of the great rift valley In all of Ethiopia only 20% of the Land is capable of sporting Crops i only state this as a support for my hypothesis that its over feeding
I forgot to mention they like a ph of 6/acid but min are growing pretty happily in 6.9

O and take that weed barrier off them they cant stand to be wet in the feet or in the crowns they rot easily never mulch around Ensete

PS i know thats way Nerdy sorry its the best i can do at 5AM in the morning

Last edited by damaclese : 08-27-2009 at 10:40 AM.
damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese