View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
sbl

Zone: 8/9
BananaBucks : 65,472
Said "Thanks" 177 Times
Was Thanked 731 Times in 395 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 154 Times
Default Re: A thread for hot pepper-a-holics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hollyberry Lady View Post
Thanks guys!

I have seeds for a 'Purple Pepper' variety, and it is just like you described, Sbl. Are you able to see my pics in this thead? If not, please contact the administrator and get this fixed, because it's no fun if you can't see the pictures.

Where the heck is Bob?....

This is nothing yet, in terms of the varieties I have. Here is a pic I just took now, of my little up and coming hot pepper seedlings...

: )
Yes I do get the pictures--I can see a little purple leaf seedling in this post! I would love to get a few seeds of the purple pepper--they are beautiful plants!

I have to tell you the story of the contest I won with them--We had an annual pepper eating contest at work--it became pretty obvious that I could win over all of the people working there at the time, so I told them I would only compete every other yr.

Well, one yr when I was not competing we got this new pepper mouth in--he told me to come on and compete, but I told him "No--I promised to let someone else win and if he won I would see him next yr"

He called me a WIMP!

I said "We will see next yr."

He won that yr, so next yr I took a bowl of the purple peppers and I told him "Here's the peppers, you name the game!"

He said "How about we lay out piles of 3 peppers--you have 30 seconds to eat them and if you want to continue, you have 30 seconds to eat the next pile--if you go for the bread or water, you're out."

I said "That's fine with me."

We started, I popped all 3 in and chewed them up--I grabbed a small handful from the bowl and popped them in my mouth--"You don't mind if I eat a few extra do you--they are so sweet!"

He looked at me kinda funny, but stayed in the game for 2 minutes as I ate a few extra each turn. When he gave up he had red whelps where the tears had run down his face! When he went for the water, I grabbed a bottle of Tobasco and drank about half of it! He never called me a whimp again!
sbl is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To sbl
Said thanks: